Garmitxa is a non-profit organisation created by two families whose children’s food is based exclusively on an elemental formula because they cannot eat ANY food whatsoever.
GARMITXA’s aims are to:
1. Promote research and a treatment by grouping those affected to work together in fulfilling shared objectives.
2. Guide those affected and their families to face this disease, its origin and to seek research and a treatment.
3. Diffuse and make the public opinion and the Public Administration aware of this particular problem.
4. Collaborate with organisations that seek the same purpose.
5. Improve the quality of life of those children with this disease.
To fulfil these purposes, the following activities will be carried out:
1. Collect public and private funds to cover the families’ expenses and to pay for research.
2. Inform society and the medical world so they are aware of the effect, consequences, etc., of the disease.
3. Award grants, aid and subsidies to people who this disease affects for their health care, treatment and to improve their quality of life.
4. Award grants, aid and subsidies to individuals or legal entities to study the disease, its treatment and cure.
5. Any other activities not expressly mentioned but which could help improve the quality of life of the children who have this disease.
6. Undertake healthcare- and welfare-type actions which address children with this disease.